Today we are joined by the inimitable Jared Brown, founder of Sipsmith gin, to discuss the Bramble, a modern classic created by his friend and contemporary Dick Bradsell. Listen on or read below to discover Brown’s Bramble recipe — and don’t forget to subscribe!
Jared Brown’s Bramble Recipe
- 50 milliliters London dry gin
- 25 milliliters lemon
- 10 milliliters simple syrup
- 20 milliliters crème de mûre
- powder sugar
1. Combine gin, lemon, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake until cold and strain into a double Old Fashioned glass filled with crushed ice.
3. Top up with more crushed ice and top with crème de mûre, ideally pouring around the edges of the glass.
4. Garnish with two blackberries and a dusting of powder sugar.
We’re learning a new language — that of morse code — at Cocktail College today, all told through the lens of a classic, if slightly lesser-known tiki drink, the Three Dots and a Dash cocktail. Anton Kinloch, owner of New Paltz’s Fuschia Tiki Bar is taking class, enlightening us on the irrefutable...
Examining another branch of the sour cocktail family, we're joined today by friend of the show Jeffrey Morgenthaler of Portland’s Pacific Standard to talk about his self-proclaimed “Best Amaretto Sour In the World.” We will also look at the evolution of sour mix, the subtle art of beating egg...