Simon P Lock - CEO of ORDRE & Industry Icon - "Embrace the future of wholesale, virtual showrooms, innovation & technology"
In this episode Elizabeth speaks with Simon P Lock, Chairman and CEO of ORDRE, the founder of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia, and a former Senior Vice President of IMG Fashion & Models.
Simons is also a member of BoF Global 500, a recipient of the Australia Fashion Laureate and author of 'In The Front Row'.
Simon has held senior management positions with a number of international fashion weeks including Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, Pakistan, New York and India.
Simon is an iconic Australian Fashion Industry figure who has achieved so much throughout his career, and you're still breaking new ground!
During this dynamic conversation with Simon, he shares insights into not only his journey in the industry but his business ORDRE, founded with his wife Kirsten lock.
ORDRE is described as A NEW CHANNEL FOR THE BUSINESS OF FASHION
It's a B2B Online wholesale marketplace for designers launched in 2015.
Ordre has a Retail Network of over 2700 retailers, 6000 buyers and is in over 93 countries.
This innovative platform includes Online showrooms, 360-degree imagery, Virtual Reality and is embracing advancements in technology and expanding its global reach.
Key Takeaways & Tips:
· Change is exciting and we have to embrace tech
· Our Industry has now learnt that they can do to business virtually
· Virtual creates a more sustainable fashion industry
· Don't get left behind!
· Brands will now focus on the CORE of their businesses due to the current high volume of product currently in the industry. The industry has to Reset.
· Adopt a 'Buy now wear now' model and a shift of the buying cycle
· As a result, we will see a more considered approach by major designers
· Designers will create collections that are not as expansive, are more focused, dropped at the right time in hope of a stronger sell though as product can stay in store at full price for longer
· The retail landscape may be forever changed
· Simon encourages us all to buy a VR headset and immerse ourselves in this new virtual world
Simon's book 'In the Front Row'
You can find Simon at:
Instagram - @simonplock @ordreofficial
Website - www.ordre.com/en
Simon's BoF 500 profile
Want to join our 'Start Your Fashion Business' Programme & Community?
If you would like to learn online, gain the support of mentors and join an engaged community, please head over to:
You can find Fashion Equipped over at:
Podcast Insta: @fashionbusinessmindset
Work with one of our Mentors at Your Mentor Collective www.fashionequipped.com.au/yourmentorcollective/
Let's do this together, let's make The Fashion Business, YOUR Business!
In this episode, Elizabeth speaks with Ross Phelan, the Managing Director of cherrichella.
Ross launched cherrichella, a Melbourne designed, limited edition footwear brand in 2020 which is sold via cherrichella.com.au and other leading online marketplaces including The Iconic &...
In this episode, Elizabeth speaks with Bridget Bell, the Founder of Style Ambition.
Bridget is an industry expert who has styled over 150 celebrity shoots, television shows, red carpets and events, creating thousands of looks for men and women.
She has worked with Ten, Seven, Nine and Foxtel...
In this episode, Elizabeth speaks with Erica Bartle, the Director of Research & Strategy for Outland Denim.
Outland Denim is the Australian jeans company changing the lives of young women in Cambodia through its profit-for-purpose business model.
As a founding partner in the company along...