Everything You Need To Overcome Fear of Flying: From Demystifying Turbulence To Rewiring Your Neural Pathways
Today’s episode is all about overcoming fear of flying, which has been one of my personal biggest fears FOREVER. I have two guests today—Melissa Tiers, a multi-award winning author, lecturer and international hypnosis trainer specializing in practical neuroscience for clinicians, and Patrick Smith, the best-selling author of Ask the Pilot books and a practicing pilot for a major US airline. My hope is that between the two of them, we’re really attacking a fear of flying from all angles, and that this an episode you can share with any friends or family members who are afraid of flying and that you can come back to again and again until you feel safe, calm, and even excited to be in the air. This episode includes:
* how to trust that your pilot isn't sleep deprived or intoxicated
* the exact level and type of training pilots receive
* if budget or international carriers are still safe enough to fly
* the 3 reasons flying has gotten SO MUCH safer since the 1980s
* turbulence: what it is, why we're afraid of it, and why it's not dangerous
* tips and tricks to avoid feeling turbulence (where to sit, what time of day to fly)
* what happens when there's a real emergency on the plane (and exactly when and how you’ll know)
* why you shouldn’t be afraid of bad weather, dings and pings, the plane slowing down after takeoff, and aborted landings
* how to harness your neurology break habituated patterns of anxiety
* 3 science-backed techniques to instantly eliminate anxiety while booking, boarding, and while you're actually in the air
* a 5-min guided meditation to help get rid of fear of flying
PS: My very first product is live!!! Go to htdeck.com to snag your Healthier Together Deck, which has 150 conversation starters in 6 categories! It’s the perfect holiday gift for friends, family members, romantic partners, co-workers...or, of course, yourself. Find out more at htdeck.com—this is a self-funded limited run and these will sell out!!
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice! Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by Athletic Greens, one of my favorite supplements. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by GoMacro, and you MUST try their Oatmeal Chocolate Chip bars. You can get a whopping 30% off your order of $50 or more PLUS free shipping by going to gomacro.com and using the code healthiertogether.
This episode is sponsored by Seed, the makers of one of my all-time favorite supplements. Their Seed Daily Synbiotic is a game changer—it contains both pre- and probiotics, survives INTACT all the way into your gut, AND contains the most studied and powerful strains of probiotics out there. You can get 15% off of your first month’s supply of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Airocide, the makers of the air purifier that single handedly eliminated my allergies. You can get $600 off any of the air purifiers on their website by using my code LIZ600 on Airocide.com. I personally have the APS-200 PM 2.5, but they just released the Aria, which is even cuter and has an even lower price point, so that’s probably what I’d go for!
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.
My guest today is the amazing Dr. Berzin, founder and CEO of Parsley Health. She attended medical school at Columbia University and trained in Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, and has been recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Tech Pioneer, named as one of the 100...
My guest today is the lovely Jessie Inchauspe, founder of @glucosegoddess and the author of the upcoming Glucose Revolution. On this episode, she shares:
* how managing glucose can impact things like PCOS, fertility, aging, energy, gut health, and more
* why blood sugar impacts your...