Ask The Doctor: Stress Edition—Exactly How to Identify and Eliminate Stress In Your Life with Dr. Samantha Boardman
Today is all about STRESS. My guest today is Dr. Samantha Boardman, who did her undergrad at Harvard before getting her MD Cornell and going back for a masters in Applied Positive Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania. She now has a thriving psychiatry practice in New York City and a brand new book called Everyday Vitality: Turning Stress into Strength, which is available wherever books are sold.
I wanted this to be the most comprehensive, helpful episode on stress ever. On this episode, we talk about:
* What stress is, and how to know if that’s what you’re feeling
* The 2 most science-backed ways to actually feel restored and relaxed in your off time
* How to actually figure out what your values are—and adjust your life to live by them
* Exactly what to do in real-life stressful situations, like working a job that you hate or having a chronic illness
* Science backed ways to deal with stress RIGHT now, in less than 5 minutes
* The best type of workout for stress
* The daily practices we should all incorporate to keep stress levels low
* How to stop doom scrolling and develop a less stressful relationship with the news
* How to become comfortable with uncertainty
* The 5-second antidote to jealousy
* An easy mindset shift to feel way calmer about politics and eco-anxiety
* How stress can impact weight gain, and how to mitigate that
* How to deal with stress caused by family relationships and boundary issues
* How to help family members who are stressed
* How to make your gratitude practice 100x more effective
* The one stress-relieving practice we should all be doing daily—but aren't
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the episode, so tag me (@lizmoody) and Dr. Boardman (@positive_prescription) with anything you’re learning, feeling, or thinking! Enjoy!!
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice AND you can subscribe to A Very Moody Morning, my brand new morning show podcast, which drops once weekly and features casual, fun convo, super intimate Q&As, and more. Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by Athletic Greens, makers of an all-in-one superfood powder that contains 75 vitamins, minerals and whole food-sourced ingredients, including a multivitamin, multimineral, probiotic, greens superfood blend and more, that all work together to fill the nutritional gaps in your diet, support energy and focus, aid with gut health and digestion, and support a healthy immune system.Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Seed. Their Seed Daily Synbiotic is a game changer—it contains both pre- and probiotics, survives INTACT all the way into your gut, AND contains the most studied and powerful strains of probiotics out there. You can get 15% off of your first month’s supply of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com and using the code LIZMOODY.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.
Today we have a brand new episode of my How I Learned To Love My Body series featuring lovely Britney Vest, whom you might know as @fittybritttty. Britney is a fitness and wellness influencer and the founder of WVVY, a super cute line of size inclusive activewear.
On this episode, we talk...
Today’s episode is all about anxiety, but from a very different angle than it’s typically talked about. Dr. Wendy Suzuki is a Professor of Neural Science and Psychology in the Center for Neural Science at New York University and a celebrated international authority on neuroplasticity. She serves...