Scott Feinberg - From Oscars blogger to Awards Columnist & Host for The Hollywood Reporter
Scott Feinberg is an Awards Columnist for The Hollywood Reporter. He is also the Host of the incredibly popular podcast "Awards Chatter," where he has interviewed over 350 incredible guests including Steven Spielberg, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence, Oprah, and Denzel Washington. He is considered by many as an Oscar Oracle, helping many people (including myself) win their Oscar pools. Having previously created one of the first successful Oscar blogs called "And the Winner is..." he was hired to create something similar out of college for the LA Times.
In this episode, we talk about:
• What are some tips and tactics to predicting the Oscar winners every year
• Deep dive into the Jennifer Lawrence episode (one of my favorites) and how he went into that interview
• The evolution of Awards Chatter podcast into an expose of the body of work of the guest
• How Oscar campaigns are similar to elections
• Why there is a human factor into picking winners
• What's strategic about the way he starts his interviews/episodes
• How he started his website prior to The Hollywood Reporter and had studios buy ads
• Sneak peek of a new episode with Sophia Loren
• How he does all of the research for a guest himself and why that's so important to him
• How he profiles anonymous Academy members
Feinberg Forecast: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/topic/award-predictions-feinberg-forecast
Awards Chatter podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/awards-chatter/id1039032256
Jennifer Lawrence episode: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/awards-chatter-podcast-jennifer-lawrence-mother-1059777
Instagram: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneMiller
Twitter: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneM
Mentors on the Mic Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mentorsonthemic
Andrew Calof is the President of Production and Development of Wayfarer Studios, an independent financial and production engine pioneering purpose driven, multi-platform film and television productions that elevate and speak to the human spirit. Prior to joining Wayfarer Studios, Calof served as...
ROB BURNETT is the writer/director of the feature film The Fundamentals of Caring, which was the closing night film at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival. He is as a five-time Emmy Award-winning executive producer and head writer of The Late Show with David Letterman. In the course of his career he...
Marta Kauffman is an Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning television writer, producer, and showrunner behind the hit series Friends and Grace & Frankie. After graduating from Brandeis University, Kauffman got her big break alongside David Crane when their pilots Dream On (1990) and The Powers That...