Here is a Highlight Reel with advice from top DIRECTORS of Season 1 including Stan Brooks, Kristin Hanggi, Linda Mendoza, and Jason Ensler.
In this episode, we talk about:
• How one future Director stood out working in the Mailroom
• How one Director made the jump into Narrative Television
• How to transition from Producer to Director
• Are you waiting for permission to Create? How one director realized that she could just do it
• Using the available resources around you to create your work
• What you need to sacrifice for your career
• What Quincy Jones told one Director that might help you
Episode 1 - Stan Brooks - From the Mailroom to Hollywood Producer & Director
Episode 21 - Linda Mendoza - From page to Comedy TV/Film Director of Scrubs, The Good Place, Blackish, and more
Episode 9 - Kristin Hanggi - From playing pretend to Film, TV, & Tony Nominated Director of Rock of Ages
Episode 16 - Jason Ensler - From PSAs to Executive Producer/Director of HULU's "Love Victor" and other Top TV shows
Instagram: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneMiller
Twitter: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneM
Mentors on the Mic Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mentorsonthemic
Andrew Calof is the President of Production and Development of Wayfarer Studios, an independent financial and production engine pioneering purpose driven, multi-platform film and television productions that elevate and speak to the human spirit. Prior to joining Wayfarer Studios, Calof served as...
ROB BURNETT is the writer/director of the feature film The Fundamentals of Caring, which was the closing night film at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival. He is as a five-time Emmy Award-winning executive producer and head writer of The Late Show with David Letterman. In the course of his career he...
Marta Kauffman is an Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning television writer, producer, and showrunner behind the hit series Friends and Grace & Frankie. After graduating from Brandeis University, Kauffman got her big break alongside David Crane when their pilots Dream On (1990) and The Powers That...