Becoming... Music Executive & Manager of Legends Bob Ellis
Bob Ellis is an American music executive and manager who has worked with musicians including Billy Preston, Chaka Khan, Meat Loaf, Rufus, Rolling Stones’ Ronnie Wood and many others. Bob joins the show to spill about the music industry and how social media has impacted the industry and music quality. Stay tuned in to hear the crazy story of how Bob and Michelle met!
In this episode, we talk about:
• Meeting and representing Billy Preston while working at a PR agency
• The story behind Rufus and Chaka Khan’s “Tell Me Something Good”
• Opening Woody’s club that gave a stage to Spin Doctor, Dave Matthews, Red Hot Chili Peppers and other timeless artists in their early days
• The evolution of music and how technology and Tik Tok has changed tour life and the music industry
• Producing Chef Roblé and other shows
• Being in the right place at the right time
• How to manage different talent personalities
Instagram: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneMiller
Twitter: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneM
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mentorsonthemic
Andrew Calof is the President of Production and Development of Wayfarer Studios, an independent financial and production engine pioneering purpose driven, multi-platform film and television productions that elevate and speak to the human spirit. Prior to joining Wayfarer Studios, Calof served as...
ROB BURNETT is the writer/director of the feature film The Fundamentals of Caring, which was the closing night film at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival. He is as a five-time Emmy Award-winning executive producer and head writer of The Late Show with David Letterman. In the course of his career he...
Marta Kauffman is an Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning television writer, producer, and showrunner behind the hit series Friends and Grace & Frankie. After graduating from Brandeis University, Kauffman got her big break alongside David Crane when their pilots Dream On (1990) and The Powers That...