Becoming... Grammy winning Producer Sandy Vee
Sandy Vee is a Grammy winning French Producer, selling over 120 million singles and records worldwide. He won a Grammy for Rihanna’s first single “Only Girl (In the World)," which debuted at #1 on the top of the U.S.A. Digital Song chart and Billboard Hot 100. It marked the latest career plateau for French producer/songwriter Sandy Vee’s meteoric rise to the top of the pop charts. The song has gone on to hit #1 all over the world as well as reaching gold status in Belgium and Platinum in the (4x) Australia, UK, New Zealand, Germany, Italy, Spain, Denmark, (2x) Sweden, (2x) Switzerland. He was also nominated for Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream for Album of the Year.
In 2011, he was #6 on MusicWeek's Top 40 Songwriters of Quarter 1
In this episode, we talk about:
• Working with David Guetta on his album One Love
• Co-produced Rihanna’s “Only Girl in the World” and Katy Perry’s “Firework”
• Winning a Grammy for Best Dance Recording at the 2011 Grammy Awards for Only Girl in the World and being nominated for Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream for Album of the Year.
• Working with will.i.am ("On the Dancefloor") Akon ("Sexy Chick"), Katy Perry, Sean Kingston, Ne-Yo ("Beautiful Monster"), Britney Spears ("Selfish") with production credits for records with Taio Cruz, Pitbull, Selena Gomez…
• Tips for Songwriters and Producers
• Dealing with the panic attacks after all of his success and what measures he took to change his life
• How long it takes him to make a hit song
Wikipedia Twitter Facebook
Instagram: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneMiller
Twitter: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneM
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mentorsonthemic
Andrew Calof is the President of Production and Development of Wayfarer Studios, an independent financial and production engine pioneering purpose driven, multi-platform film and television productions that elevate and speak to the human spirit. Prior to joining Wayfarer Studios, Calof served as...
ROB BURNETT is the writer/director of the feature film The Fundamentals of Caring, which was the closing night film at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival. He is as a five-time Emmy Award-winning executive producer and head writer of The Late Show with David Letterman. In the course of his career he...
Marta Kauffman is an Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning television writer, producer, and showrunner behind the hit series Friends and Grace & Frankie. After graduating from Brandeis University, Kauffman got her big break alongside David Crane when their pilots Dream On (1990) and The Powers That...