Carole Kirschner is a sought after Entertainment Career Coach, mentoring Showrunners, TV Producers, Writers, Executives, and more. Carole was a senior level creative Television Executive, before becoming the Vice President of Steven Spielberg’s first Amblin Television. She also created the CBS Diversity Institute Writers Mentoring program and helped develop the curriculum for WGA Showrunner Training program.
“Kirschner is one of the best at preparing people for success in the entertainment business.” — Barry Kotler, Agent, Creative Artists Agency
In this episode, we talk about:
• A breakdown of Carole’s Four Pillars of Success including how to answer “Tell Me About Yourself” (5:25)
• How to give information to your Agent that allows them to sell you in only 4 sentences
• Where to get a FREE 31 page ebook on how to develop your longline
• The phrase that Carole suggests using to get a recommendation from someone in the industry
• Tips to best pitch or sell original content for television
• Tips for what to expect when you’re in the room with someone who can buy your work or represent you
• What she thinks of TV Fellowships, which one she recommends, and how to set yourself apart
• Tips for navigating the TV Writer’s room hierarchy
• Why she believes spec scripts are still necessary
• Why creative people need to learn how to promote themselves
Get Carole's book: The Hollywood Game Plan
More info on Carole's Bootcamp
This episode is courtesy of Imagine This Productions, which is dedicated to providing womxn storytellers and filmmakers a platform to encourage and develop creative projects by womxn. With Imagine This Women's International Film Festival and Girl Power Film + Media Summit, Imagine This aims to amplify and empower independent and aspiring womxn filmmakers from around the world. This goal is to support womxn by sharing their work with the public, promoting equal opportunities for BIPOC womxn and the LGBTQIA+ community while providing educational support and professional development, and serving as a resource information network.
Instagram for Imagine This Productions
More information for Imagine This Productions
Instagram: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneMiller
Twitter: @MentorsontheMic @MichelleSimoneM
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mentorsonthemic
Andrew Calof is the President of Production and Development of Wayfarer Studios, an independent financial and production engine pioneering purpose driven, multi-platform film and television productions that elevate and speak to the human spirit. Prior to joining Wayfarer Studios, Calof served as...
ROB BURNETT is the writer/director of the feature film The Fundamentals of Caring, which was the closing night film at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival. He is as a five-time Emmy Award-winning executive producer and head writer of The Late Show with David Letterman. In the course of his career he...
Marta Kauffman is an Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning television writer, producer, and showrunner behind the hit series Friends and Grace & Frankie. After graduating from Brandeis University, Kauffman got her big break alongside David Crane when their pilots Dream On (1990) and The Powers That...