“We can embrace mindsets as habits that our minds depend on—formed by previous experiences and the unconscious and conscious beliefs that we form along the way.”
I believe that leveraging our mindsets can allow us to release our potential as individuals, groups, and organizations. But before we can tap into it, we need to understand what a mindset is.
The challenge lies in that there are as many definitions of mindset as there are mindset experts. So, when I was writing the introduction to the Mindset Zone book, I intentionally made a deep dive into the different meanings of mindset and organized them into three categories.
In this episode, I define mindsets using three different approaches. I outline positive psychology’s description of mindset as a set of beliefs. I discuss how cognitive psychology sees mindsets as information-processing styles used to accomplish specific tasks. I describe organizational psychology’s view that mindsets are filters that inform our worldviews.
I also share my own definition of mindset and underscore the Mindset Zone’s mission to help tap and release humanity’s potential.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
* Identifying the three approaches to defining mindset
* Mindsets and the human potential for learning and change
* The “fixed” mindset and my self-perception about singing
* The “growth” mindset and how dyslexia became my superpower
* Cognitive psychology’s definition of mindset
* How setting and implementing goals require different kinds of mindsets to be successful
* The difference between “deliberative” and “implemental” mindsets
* The value of knowing when to remain unfocused and focused
* Tapping and releasing our human potential through self-development work and positive psychology
* Understanding our nature as connecting beings
* The different ways to unleash and amplify our potential as human beings
* My definition of mindsets
* Challenging our beliefs and expanding what’s possible
* How learning about habit transformation can shift our mindset and lives
* What it takes to evolve in a constantly and rapidly changing world
* The mission of the Mindset Zone podcast
* Book: Rethinking Positive Thinking: Inside the New Science of Motivation by Gabriele Oettingen
* Book: Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
“Envision a world where business doesn't take up more space than it really should.”
In this episode, we have a special guest, Mark Silver, who has been working with heart-centered entrepreneurs for over two decades. Mark has recently published a book titled “Heart...
If you surround yourself with the people who've actually done what everyone else is talking about, you cut your learning curve by 10 years.
– Greg S. Reid
In this episode, we have the privilege of welcoming Greg S. Reid, an acclaimed author, filmmaker, and keynote speaker. With...