“[Cognitive decline] is possible to reverse—and it’s preventable. The reversal works best when you catch it early, and there’s not really too soon a time to start.”
– Monica Tarr
Monica joins me today to discuss the pillars of overcoming and preventing brain fog and cognitive decline. She shares her experience with brain fog and describes her initial tendency to push through it despite her body’s fatigue.
She outlines her journey toward enhancing her brain health and describes how long it took before she started seeing results on her cognitive sharpness, mood, and weight. Monica also recounts how she became inspired to help others navigate brain fog through health coaching and highlights the role of food in maintaining cognitive health.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
* Monica’s experience with debilitating brain fog and the changes she made in her professional life
* The “chemo brain” and our tendency to push through tiredness
* Ignoring health symptoms glaring at our faces
* Dr. Dale Bredesen’s protocol to prevent and reverse Alzheimer’s
* The power of food in reducing brain fog and cognitive decline
* The seven pillars of enhancing cognition and reversing cognitive decline
* How Monica’s work on her brain and cognitive health also improved her emotional state
* Why rest and breaks are essential to health
* How working on their brain health gave Monica’s clients courage
* How the keto diet helped me recover faster during cancer treatments
Monica Tarr is a national board-certified functional medicine and health coach. She is the founder and Chief Health Advocate of Restore and Renew, where she helps high-performing professionals preserve and improve their brain health. Monica also served as a consultant to Fortune 500 companies looking to grow their customer base and develop high-performing teams. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from California State University, Fullerton.
* Book: The End of Alzheimer's: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline by Dale Bredesen
* Book: The End of Alzheimer's Program: The First Protocol to Enhance Cognition and Reverse Decline at Any Age by Dale Bredesen
Connect with Monica Tarr:
* Restore and Renew
* Restore and Renew on Facebook
* Restore and Renew on YouTube
“The opposite of distraction is traction.”
In this episode, we have a very special guest joining us, Nir Eyal. Nir is an expert in the fascinating intersection of psychology, technology, and business. He is the author of two best-selling books, “How to Build...
“Envision a world where business doesn't take up more space than it really should.”
In this episode, we have a special guest, Mark Silver, who has been working with heart-centered entrepreneurs for over two decades. Mark has recently published a book titled “Heart...