“Where you sit today is the accumulation of all the decisions you’ve made in life. People are responsible for how they want to respond to stimulus.”
– Austin Clark
Austin joins me today to outline the core concepts from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People that greatly impacted his life and business. He explains how the Moxie Pest Control company has incorporated concepts from the book into its leadership training as it relates to its salespeople, sales program, and operations.
Austin also highlights the value of perspective, the difference between great and good pieces of work, and the importance of seeing and widening the space between stimulus and response.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
* The first time Austin read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and how it impacted him
* Evolving as a person and how Austin still learns new things from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People even by reading it annually
* Taking responsibility and becoming more proactive than reactive to life’s stimuli
* The How of Happiness and the limits of genetic circumstances
* The power of interdependence, synergy, and group collaboration
* Sharpening the saw and the importance of self-care
* The Mindset Zone’s PIE method
* Learning to press pause
* Increasing your self-awareness
* Embracing a mindset for experimentation and exploration
Austin Clark is the owner of Moxie Pest Control, an Arizona-based company honored among the Inc. 5000 Companies in 2022. Since its founding in 2001, Moxie Pest Control has been raising the standard of service in the pest control industry with its mission to improve the quality of life for its customers, team, and community. As the owner of Moxie Pest Control, Austin manages and oversees every aspect of the company and is focused on building relationships and growing his team. He co-authored the book, The E-Myth Pest Control Business,with Michael E. Gerber and holds a degree in Business Administration & Management from Arizona State University.
Connect with Austin Clark:
* Moxie Pest Control
* Book: The E-Myth Pest Control Business: Why Most Pest Control Businesses Don't Work and What To Do About It
* Moxie Pest Control on LinkedIn
* Austin Clark on LinkedIn
* Email: [email protected]
* Book: a href="https://www.amazon.