In this episode Avery & IJ host The Kosher Guru aka Gabriel Boxer & Lea from @KosherLicks who tells us about all the hot spot kosher restaurants. Ever have a date at an amazing restaurant? Yes it’s hard to plan and expensive at times. Sit with us for dinner as we virtual restaurant Shidduch date crawl with the Guru who knows where to go.
1) What your restaurant pick says about you
2) Is there actually a date number where you have to go to a nice place???
3) What your order says...
In this week's episode we bring on Sarale and Ahuva AKA Holy Shid.
We wanted to share Sarale's inspirational story regarding her shidduch journey.
In this episode we discuss:
1. How much people can change over time and how that change sometimes leads to you to find the person you were looking for.
2 How dating in the traditional shidduch world as young girl felt?
3. The early set familial & societal pressures to get married at a younger age and how that affects people.
In this episode Avery and IJ bring on Michal and Tami, two daters who reside in Lakewood and have experience going through the Shidduch system. Avery and IJ take a backseat and listen to what the girls have to say in regards to their dating encounters.
1) A brief introduction to what dating is like in Lakewood
2) Do you feel you are judged more harshly by people you meet because of where you're from?
3) Lakewood is known for the BMG culture, we know what it is today. Are single...
58) Other ways to meet / modox dating
Avery and IJ have discussed many ways for daters to meet in shidduchim and at singles events. But what about those dating apps, Shabbatones or community salsa outings?
In this episode The NTS crew sits down with Shlomo from Nashville and Ally from the Valley; 2 app daters, to discuss how the helk you meet on those apps and without a Shadchan.
1) We discuss Modox (modern orthodox) dating styles
2) Jswipe, Hinge, Jdate, all of them!
3) Online Dating
Stigmatized Dating - Divorce, Broken Engagement, Long Term Relationships, etc…
In today’s day and age, we have hopefully moved past a place where we allow stigmas about people to decide whether or not they are dateable, and should be given a chance.
Emotional scars from entering and exiting these relationships and whether or not you are still carrying your baggage.
Do shadchanim, daters, parents etc judge people who’ve gone through these experiences more harshly?
Is it better to...
56) How to be prepared for marriage In this week's edition of the NobodyTalks Shidduchim Podcast, we sit down with Avi Singer. Avi is a licensed marrige and family therapist as well as small business owner. Throughout this episode, we discuss:
1) What does an ideal frum marriage look like 2) How one can prepare him/herself to be the ideal person they see in a marriage 3) Are frum marriages more difficult to maintain due to the various factors (expensive lifestyle, religious levels, lack of...
Ep 55: Seasons Come & Go But Yom Tov Never Changes & Shabbos Is On The Way!
Dreading Yom Tov, is this where we are at? The holidays are tough for singles. Avery & IJ discuss the challenges. Shabbos is discussed by the Shidduch Podcast crew.
1) The worst yom tov to be single?
2) Getting suggestions by your local shul family friend
3) Programs Programs Programs
2)Going to the park
3) What is Shabbos like for single guys
4) What is Shabbos like for single gals
5) Too much time...
In ep 54 the NTS crew with Meghan discusses hashkafa. We label it, we box it and we subject the hashkafic orientations out there. Just because We do this, doesn’t mean there’s less to a person. But in shidduchim it’s important to identify where you stand on things. What’s important to bring up, what should be brought up and what may just be ok to wait on.
1) TV in the house
2) Labels & that darn Box
3) Throw away: my way is the right way
4) Black hat: they do, they did, the don’t, they...
Yona & Chani join Avery to have a sophisticated and nuanced discussion over the many differences and similarities those of us share when it comes to our hashkafos in Shidduchim. We tackle the concept of dating someone based on various stereotypes such as wearing a black hat, davening in Young Israel's and preferring a TV in your home.
1) Defining religious orientation 2) Black hat 3) Zionistic 4) TV and TV in the house 5) Sending your kids to white shirt or co ed yeshiva 6) What...
EP 52: Don't Ask Me If I'm Shomer #3 [Part 3: The Rabbi Strikes Back]
Navigating the relationship w/shomer in mind. Halachic & Rabbinic perspectives of being shomer negiah.
In part 3 of shomer we wrap it up with Rabbi AY’s encounters as a Rabbi & halachic perspective. We also discussed some new aspects of Shomer Negiah, which we did not touch up on in Part 1 and 2. Torah perspectives, community outlines and IJ’s favorite…is breaking shomer the same as kosher and Shabbos?
In this week's episode we bring in Paige, a long time dater and resident expert on shomer negiah for the female daters perspective. Having been in her own long term relationships before, we appreciated hearing why she is complexly pro staying shomer until marriage. Some girls call in as well to weigh in on the issues. We also discussed some new aspects of Shomer Negiah, which we did not touch up on in Part 1. Such as; is it worse to be the person who initially breaks or the person who...
Ep 50: Don’t Ask Me If I’m Shomer
The NTS Crew: IJ, Avery & Ahuva put all things Shomer Negiah on the table with this series opener. While we all follow the laws of SN, we explore the topic in more relative terms to us millennial & gen Z daters….hey we all enjoy the Shomer 5.
1) Defining Shomer Negiah
2) Tell us about how it played a role in your life, what it means to you...
3) Why is there such a majority of Shidduch daters who hold Shomer
4) What are the benefits of Shomer in...
The NTS Crew sits down with a group of Buchrim to discuss their dating take. These are real yeshiva guys who are still learning, have seder and only wear a blue shirt on purim!
BUCHRIM TELL ALL
What is the Buchor life like? Do women ever wonder? Do non learners ever wonder? IJ sits down with a group of yeshiva guys (who happen to be his former chevra from yeshiva gedola) and chat.
1) What's it like in yeshiva generally, give the audience an idea of the schedule and ambiance
2) Do you think...
Ep 48: What happened to all of the “good guys” PART 1
Are we setting up our boys to fail?? Where are all the “Good Guys” at??
NTS crew discusses with Mrs. Rissel Naimark about the perplexities of girls and “the community” thinking that there are no more good guys/men/boys. IJ and Avery defend the boys!!
It seems that there’s this expectancy for the men in Shidduchim to be able to have a set career, solid twice a day learning Seder as well as being a 3 x a day minyan goer. Is this just...
Episode 47: How to take full advantage of being single. Avery explains all the new things he has found from being single, with Rosie.
1. Pursue your passions (Business, travel, restaurants, career change)
2. Getting closer to G-d
3. Shabbos plans for girls and how to get invited to meals
4. Making all new friends
5. Choosing your new look/wardrobe not having your spouse do it.
6. Working on building a house, apartment, decorating?
7. Getting into shape for your future wedding (barf)
This week's episode we are joined by the royals, Meghan, Kate and Diana.
We discuss a wide range of topics within what girls are looking for.
Do they like cologne, car door openers, tall guys, short guys, Jewish guys, etc.
The royals give us some really insightful perspective into what the girls actually care about when it comes to finding a husband.
Take a listen, and if you enjoy this podcast and want to get in touch with the show runners make sure to follow us on our Instagram...
1) Can you trust someone when they tell their breakup story?
2) Why are Jews so bad about giving closer?
3) Psychological affects
4) Chemical imbalances: dopamine & withdrawl
5) A new version of ourselves?
6) My person left, I am not whole
7) Are we hiding behind the shadchan for everything?
8) How do you say it? Meaning What are the exact words?
9) Ever get a mother who did the break up?
10) Backlash: When the shadchan fights back?
11) When you tell the Shadchan one thing and they tell...
In this episode IJ & Avery perform a mock interview with each other as if they are the shadchan and client.
We review key items such as how to set the tone with the shadchan?
How to ensure they give you what you are looking for?
When to bring up past relationships? and so much more!
Take a listen and if you enjoy this podcast and find it entertaining send it over to a friend or give us feedback on our instagram @nobodytalksshidduchim or email us [email protected]
Moving out, moving on and changing up your situation.
The helpful tips for moving on from dating burn out, rejection and an almost relationship.
1) Do all singles have to move out of there house?
2) Do you mention it on a resume
3) Do men move out of the house more than women?
4) When your burnt out from dating what do you do?
5) The Shadchan you just worked with for 6 months is done with you, now what?
6) Shadchan life cycle: playcate the shadchan
7) does Going on a vacation do it for...
Ever blow a date So bad you wanted to forget about it? The NTS Crew, now with Emma (going by Em), conjugate over how daters mess up on dates. This is how you blow a date, badly.
1) Coming late to the date
2) Expectations are destroyed (not like a DOA, cause there's still a chance).
3) Girls falling asleep on dates
4) What to do if the place is closed when you get there
5) The guy not texting back
6) You cannot connect to the date at all, she/he wont give you anything to work with
43: Rosie, IJ, Avery and Freidy Goldberger discuss singles mingling at gatherings, socials and singles events. Are they antiquated? Is there something new that singles are brewing?
1) Why haven’t you gone to one?
2) What entices you to actually go to one?
3) Is this “Really cool singles event” really different from the others!!?
4) What’s the conventional program at a singles event?
5) Is it just for extroverts or can it be for introverts as well?
6) Should I go in with a plan or just...
Have you ever set up your friends before? Avery & IJ have! Many times and with each other. Let's go beyond the second hand talk that you hear from your friends as we discuss with callers what its like to setup your friends and be setup by them!
1) Do your friends really know you?
2) Has a friendship been broken because are they set up?
3) How to do it without hurting relationship?
4) Why aren’t people setting there friends up?
5) Do you have to be honest with your friend or can you...
How much influence does your bro or sis have on your Shidduch picks? Ahuva Holy__Shid joins the crew to discuss how much involvement our siblings should have in our dating experience. We discuss:
1) Siblings negative affects in dating
2) How much should I be telling my siblings?
3) Siblings positive affects
4) Does it change anything if your sibling is SINGLE OR MARRIED
5) Siblings getting involved in the Shidduch prospect
6) Ranking Siblings spouses and siblings themselves...many girls...
Avery & IJ Rap Shidduch words, they also monologue about being in a serious relationship. Why is it so complicated, even for those ones that seem like they have it together.
1) Do daters treat dates seriously?
2) It’s all about finding out stuff about them, while knowing yourself
3) Setting the tone for who you are
4) Are women more direct in the serous dating stage?
5) Challenging times are good for a serious relationship, it makes or breaks it.
Send in a voice message:...