Ep 62: Smoking, Vices & The Real Mad Men of Shidduchim (ft. Ahuva Holy Shid)
Ep 62: Smoking, Vices & The Real Mad Men of Shidduchim w. Ahuva Holy Shid
IJ and Avery discuss with the gang all things smoking and other vices.
The year is 2022, you can smoke pot but not a cigarette; you can eat unhealthy kugel and Chulent but not vape around granny. It’s abundantly clear that our society has taken drastic changes on vices you can indulge in. What’s the gal’s, guy’s & therapists perspective on this?
1) Setting up the 2022 Vice situation (like the gym, Chesed & insta likes 🤔)
1a) Summation of what’s going on: cigarettes are equated to drugs, alcohol is only good at kiddush club.
2) Defining vices & healthy vices
3) Is Chesed, a career & “working all day” a vice?
4) Does it have to do with nurture? How you were raised?
5) Is smoking destroying a guys chance to get married?
6) Opinions of girls view on smoking
7) The guys defend smoking
8) What are the girls vices and why can’t they be called out to?
9) Food as a Vice in the Jewish community
10) Psychological perspective on vices
11) Tales of the Shidduch smoker
8) Erev Shabbos trauma
9) Avery discusses a fair balance between health & vices
10) Does this change how the shadchan sets up a girl who wants a smoker or Vice guy??
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/shidduchim/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/shidduchim/support
Ep 70) Toxic friends & Platonic Relationships [Holy Shid] Part 2
You grew up with them, shared the most sentimental memories with them; but once you enter the shidduch core...everything changes. Toxic friends exists and they are holding you back from your shiduch excursions. Holy Shid joins...
Episode 69: Toxic Friends & Platonic Relationships Part 1 with Holy Shid's Ahuva Shandelman.
You grew up with them, shared the most sentimental memories with them; but once you enter the shidduch core...everything changes. Toxic friends exists and they are holding you back from your shiduch...