S5 E11: Outside-of-the-Box Ways to Monetize a Homestead with Chloe Mackintosh of Boxwood Avenue
While this entire season has been dedicated to generating additional income for your homestead, there's a good chance that you've already heard of or contemplated many of the ideas we've discussed. Today that's about to change my friends. In this episode I'm joined by Chloe Mackintosh of Boxwood Avenue. Despite living in a tiny town in California, Chloe has been able to support homestead by building an online store featuring handcrafted items by local artisans, antiques, and vintage finds. She's been so successful in this venture that she's even preparing to open her own retail store. This episode is super important because like Chloe, many of us have already have skills that we can leverage in new ways to help our bottom line.
The Positively Tea Company is your go-to source for organic, loose-leaf teas without the artificial junk! These teas have zero added sugars but the taste, variety, and quality are amazing. Save 10% on your order this month with the code HOMESTEAD. Shop for your teas right here: https://lddy.no/yjah
- Boxwood Avenue Homepage: https://www.boxwoodavenue.com/
- Boxwood Avenue Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boxwoodavenue/
- Boxwood Avenue YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/boxwoodavenue
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead
For many of us accustomed to the standard American way of food preservation, fermentation can be a strange topic to broach. Although it's a subject I've discussed before on this podcast, given the focus of this season I thought it'd be great to bring in a true expert. Today we're joined by my...
When it comes to preserving homestead staples, there is perhaps none more confusing than the egg. If you spend time researching some of the methods used in the past, you're likely to question the validity and safety of the vast majority of them. Thankfully, today I'm joined by a true expert in...
Modern conveniences have made most of us accustomed to one primary method of long-term meat preservation. Without a doubt the freezer has become an essential tool on every homestead, but what happens if you run out of space or have limited access to electricity? Fear not my friends. Today I'm...