Research, research everywhere but who is right? Nielsen says podcasting is still growing. eMarketer says Spotify has overtaken Apple Podcasts and Arete Research says Spotify's management needs to change!
Listen to James Cridland and Sam Sethi
- Richard Kramer - Arete Research
- Bruce Supovitz - Nielsen
- Arica McKinnon - Nielsen
1. Edison Research - whilst podcast listening has grown, 44% of US Latinos haven’t yet listened to a podcast.
2. Triton Digital - US Podcasting Report for August. Downloads are up 11% from July, as the Apple bugfix rolled out. Stitcher is #1 for podcasts.
3. The New York Times - Cuban podcasts are booming
4. Interview: Nielsen released their 'Podcasting Today' Report.
5. WARC Research - 31% of consumer media consumption is now audio - but only 8.8% of the average media advertising budget is allocated to audio, says new research from
6. Apple's iOS 15 is here
7. eMarketer suggests that Spotify will overtake Apple Podcasts
8. Interview: Richard Kramer says Spotify exclusives don't work and they need to change their management.
9. The History of British podcasting
10. Podcast Index - Phase 3 is closed (1st June 2021) and Phase 4 is now open (closes on 1st Dec 2021). One tag we discuss is the new namespace tag.
11. Podcastfestival 2021: Sep 23 · Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
12. Trade Secrets with the multi-award-winning team – Performing Artist and Podcaster George the Poet & Producer Benbrick: Sep 29 · Virtual
13. She Podcasts LIVE 2021: Oct 14 · Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
14. The Ambies are open.
#podcast #marketing #events #events #ios #podland
James is recording in a forest. Proof: https://twitter.com/JamesCridland/status/1451002189049040905
Bryan Barletta runs https://soundsprofitable.com - go subscribe!
Apple Podcasts explains how podcasts work: https://podnews.net/update/apple-podcast-downloads-explanation
Spotify to hire...
Listen to James Cridland and Sam Sethi they talk to
Dr Brian of London about his work on Podping and Hive. Genevieve Hassan about her podcast Celebrity Catch Up: Life After That Thing I DidNEWS:
Sounds Profitable en Español starts today, as Bryan Barletta explains in Sounds...
Listen to James Cridland and Sam Sethi as they talk to Chris Messina about his work on OpenWeb Standards such as ActivityStreams that became ActivityPub. He wrote this seminal post on Medium about ActivityStreams and ActivityPub in 2008
GUEST: Chris Messina is the inventor of the hashtag as it...