As COP 26 wrapped up, Bjorn Lomborg joined Alex Epstein to discuss the many examples of bad thinking that have shaped the conference, including:
- The false portrayal of today’s world as bad and getting worse.
- The failure to consider the costs of reducing CO2 emissions.
- The failure to discuss the benefits human beings get from fossil fuels.
- The failure to consider any positive of CO2 emissions.
- The failure to appreciate the power of adapting to climate changes.
Additionally, Bjorn shares his thoughts on how to win more people over to thinking rationally about energy and climate.
Link to Bjorn's 2020 article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0040162520304157
Link to Bjorn's book, False Alarm, where you can download the first 25 pages for free: https://www.basicbooks.com/titles/bjorn-lomborg/false-alarm/9781541647473/
On the latest Power Hour, Alex Epstein is joined by Doomberg, a rising pseudonymous star in the energy humanist movement. They discuss: Doomberg’s background and mission, the price and scalability challenges of solar, and the unfolding European energy crisis.
You can subscribe to Doomberg’s...
On this week’s Power Hour, Alex Epstein has a wide-ranging conversation with oil expert Michael Lynch about Lynch’s latest paper on how political and social forces threaten to drive oil production away from the US and toward the Middle East.