The Biden Administration has just announced $51/ton "Social Cost of Carbon." On this week's Power Hour, Alex Epstein interviews David Kreutzer, Senior Economist at the Institute for Energy Research, about the many methodological and moral problems with this metric, including:
- How the SCC overestimates negative climate impacts
- How the SCC underestimates positive climate impacts
- How the SCC underestimates adaptation
- How the SCC ignores the unique cost-effectiveness of fossil fuels
- How the SCC is radically changed by arbitrary decisions about its "discount rate"
This week’s “Best-of Power Hour” features Alex Epstein’s interview with physicist Steve Koonin, author of the blockbuster book Unsettled, with a new introduction in anticipation of their forthcoming interview on the next episode of Power Hour.
On this episode of Power Hour, Alex Epstein shares what he's learned over the 18 months working with elected officials on how to create concise, retainable messaging, including:
- How to link concise, retainable messages together.
- What are the most important topics to cover?
- The 8 types of...
On this week's Power Hour, Alex Epstein interviews Mike Dunleavy, the outspoken governor of Alaska, about his state's fight to develop fossil fuels and other valuable resources.
They cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Alaska's virtually limitless potential for resource development