All things Marathon Training! Here we answer the 7 most common questions that have come our way at Sweat Elite Coaching about marathon training.
1. What is the recommended longest run during a marathon training block? How many times would you recommend training over 30km (18mi)?
2. How fast (and at what intensity) should recovery runs be done at?
3. How can one avoid slowing in the final stages of the Marathon?
4. What should overall training volume look like for someone aiming at a sub-elite marathon time?
5. How can one avoid muscle cramping during a marathon?
6. Are there things one can do to improve their motivation during a training cycle?
7. What should a taper look like?
-- -- --
SUBSCRIBE to Sweat Elite to gain access to all content: www.sweatelite.co/subscribe-now
Right now you can subscribe annually and score a 5km, 10km, Half Marathon or Marathon specialised training plan.
-- -- --
Visit www.sweatelitecoaching.com for more on improving your Marathon performance.
Paul Chelimo joins the Sweat Elite podcast a month after winning bronze in the 5000m at the Tokyo Olympic Games and 2 weeks before the NYC 5th Avenue Mile.
Paul shares his journey from growing up in remote Kenya to attending college and the army in the USA and ultimately winning 2 Olympic medals...
Craig Engels. The man. The legend. Craig Engels joins the Sweat Elite podcast two weeks before one of the biggest days of his life - the USA Olympic Trials in which he has his sights set on qualifying for the Tokyo Olympic Games in the 1500m (and possibly 800m).
Craig Engels, for those...
Lee Troop joins the Sweat Elite Podcast for the third time to have a conversation about Jake Riley's build up to the Tokyo Olympic Games Marathon. We discuss how Jake's preparation has been so far, what the plans are for the next couple of months, if the Olympics will allow coaches and/or...