Bonusisode | Your Ultimate Guide To Reducing Tax on Vehicles, Private Insurance & Land - Chat with Julia Hartman
IMPORTANT NOTE: This recording was filmed and produced before Queensland’s Land Tax was scrapped.
With a number of policy changes on the cards, in our third episode of “Talking Property Tax with Julia Hartman,” Ben and Julia cover…
* Salary Sacrificing For Cars: How do Salary Sacrificing and Novated Leases work? Plus, how can you tell if either is beneficial for you?
* Electric Vehicles – What are the changes to Federal Government’s policy and when is the best time to buy?
* Private Health Insurance – Is it worth it?
* QLD Land Tax Changes – How can you get around it?
Together they’ll reveal how these policies work and what actions are worth taking to reduce your tax repayments.
Tune in now!
p.s. If you are looking for an experienced and qualified tax accountant, you can reach out to us here 👉 https://thepropertycouch.com.au/tax
Free Stuff Mentioned…
Tune in to our other episodes of Talking Property Tax with Julia:
Episode 1: The Top 5 Tax Rules Every Property Investor Must Understand
Episode 2: Part 1 – Tax Planning Tips to Maximise your Returns
* Episode 2: Part 2 – Tax Planning Tips to Maximise your Returns
Check out BAN TACS, Julia’s own accounting practice which is also full of fantastic content around property investing and taxes!
* Are you searching for a property investment-savvy accountant? Book a FREE consultation with one of our qualified tax accountants here.
Here’s some of the gold we cover…
* 0:00 – What we’ve covered so far…
* 3:29 – Salary Sacrificing For Cars
* 9:02 – What are the potential tax savings?
* 12:31 – Is it a case-by-case basis?
* 15:31 – When to Buy an Electric Vehicle?
* 17:41 – Instant Access Write Off
* 20:20 – The fine print (how to make sure you’re covered!)
* 25:16 – Private Health Insurance – The history of the Medicare Levy
* 28:32 – How to avoid the surcharge!
* 36:14 – Is it worth it?
* 38:35 – QLD Land Tax Rules Change
* 44:03 – A Real Case Study
* 47:06 – Ben’s predictions for the future…
* 47:45 – How can you get around it?
“Property is a voting machine in the short term and a weighing machine in the long term.”
Folks, these words form the beginning of one of our most important episodes (and also our LAST formal episode for 2022!! 😮 But don’t worry, we’ve got an AMAZING Summer Series coming at you next week. But...
One of the greatest barriers that an investor will face when entering the property market is…
Saving for a home deposit.
With high housing values and a steadily rising cost of living, saving for that first big leap onto the property ladder can seem daunting to some and impossible to others....