“You don’t have to overthink it- you just gotta have fun with what you’re doing and enjoy the process!”
[Catch the LIVE replay on Instagram or Youtube to watch behind the scenes!]
Today’s episode will always hold a special place in my heart because it’s my first ever face-to-face interview, and also the fact that we recorded it on Olympic Day- and who else better to represent the value of the Olympic Games besides three-time gold medalist Misty May-Treanor?! I’m truly so lucky to be able to sit down and have a chat with Misty about her journey from the moment she stepped onto a volleyball court, to the accomplished athlete that she is today. In this episode, Misty talks about:-
- How she started beach volleyball and played in her first tournament with her dad, Butch
- Why she thinks she has never had the “perfect” game
- Why the Brazilians were always her toughest opponents
- How her training regimen has shifted throughout multiple years (in season & off season)
- Why every athlete should start a food journal!
- Her mentality when facing injuries (this one is really good!)
- How to develop the ability to be a step or two ahead of your opponents
- The main difference that separated she and Kerri with the other teams
- Why being vulnerable is actually so important in our lives
And as usual, much much more!
This episode with Misty is a very special episode that I will cherish forever. I really hope that you enjoy it and that you’ve learned as much from her as I did!
Follow Misty on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mistymayvb/
Follow The VolleyTalk Podcast: https://www.instagram.com/thevolleytalkpodcast__/
Today’s conversation is with Anhelina Khmil, a 19-year-old beach volleyball player who is now making waves in the beach world. She has won multiple youth European and World Championship titles, Beach Pro Tour Futures event, and she is further accelerating her career by committing to Texas...
“The man who loves walking will go further than the man who loves the destination!”
Today's guest of honor is Kerri Walsh Jennings. Most of us know her as a 5-time Olympian who has won 3 golds and 1 bronze, a 3-time World Championships Gold Medalist, countless world tours and AVP events winner,...