Bart Ehrman vs Peter J Williams, 2009: Misquoting Jesus: Can We Trust The Gospels? (plus new Big Conversation reveal)
Given the huge interest in our recent Big Conversation debate between Bart Ehrman and Justin Bass, on the evidence for the Resurrection, we're revisiting a pivotal debate from 2009: Bart Ehrman's first appearance on Unbelievable?, debating Peter J Williams on whether we can trust the gospel accounts and, specifically, how New Testament scripture has been transmitted. This episode catapulted Unbelievable? into the podcast charts and introduced the show to a whole new audience, as well as shedding lots of light on the claims of Bart Ehrman's most famous book 'Misquoting Jesus'.
We also reveal, on the podcast, the next upcoming episode of The Big Conversation Season 5, including a sneak preview clip! Episode 3 releases on July 7th 2023, but you can watch it a whole week early by signing up at: https://thebigconversation.show
More Bart Ehrman debates:
• Bart Ehrman vs Peter J Williams rematch on The Big Conversation, 2019: https://www.thebigconversation.show/videos/season-5/episode-1/
• Bart Ehrman vs Justin Bass on The Big Conversation, 2023: https://www.thebigconversation.show/videos/season-2/episode-3-the-story-of-jesus-can-we-trust-the-historical-reliability-of-the-gospels/
• Subscribe to the Unbelievable? podcast: https://pod.link/267142101
• More shows, free eBook & newsletter: https://premierunbelievable.com
• For live events: http://www.unbelievable.live
• For online learning: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/training
• Support us in the USA: http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Support us in the rest of the world: https://www.premierunbelievable.com/donate
From 2016: A Wheaton college professor was recently threatened with dismissal after claiming that Muslims and Christians worship the same God. Justin is joined by two Christian guests to debate the question, Joseph Cumming a scholar of Islamic and Christian thought at Yale and former Muslim...
Do we need to reconsider the moral status of animals? What does the Christian worldview tell us about animals? Do we change our attitudes towards animals if we believe they have capacity for pain and pleasure, challenging anthropocentric views, advocating for animal rights, promoting...