Violent Delights is a recap podcast where hosts Andrew Sorcini, Dwayne DeFreitas, and Tosin Onafowokan discuss HBO’s Westworld, and the larger questions this ambitious show hopes to tackle.
On this week’s podcast, Andrew, Tosin, and Dwayne deconstruct the first episode of Westworld‘s fourth season, “The Auguries”, as they ask: Is the exported host data from Westworld being hosted at Hoover Dam data storage?, Are there Hosts co-existing in our real world, whose narratives are secretly being controlled by “Christina” and Olympiad Entertainment?, What’s Haleores’ master plan with the host data?, and what’s up with those flies?!!
* The Matrix: Resurrections – themes of protagonist writing video game narratives that seemingly come to life
* Ruby Sparks – romcom about an author who wills his book subject to life
* Serenity (2019) – another film with a similar existential plot twist
* Lord of the Rings – featuring a description of the Eye of Sauron, a looming threat, similar to The Tower
In the Weeks Ahead on Westworld
Video Games – Ramin Djawadi
You can write to us or email us a voice memo at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter: @HBOWestWorldPod or just hash-tag#ViolentDelights
And our Facebook page is : @WestworldPodcast
* Mora looks out on Vegas through a window
* Goes to a meeting on the Hoover dam.
* William arrives in a drone.
* We learn that the Hoover dam is being used to power something
* William says what’s been stored in there is stolen. He wants to buy the whole facility.
* His offer is rebuffed. And Mora heads home to find his house full of flies.
* The next day he comes in and kills his cohorts. William is waiting for him. He gives the man permission to kill himself and the man does.
* After an intro, we see Dolores, now dark haired, going by the name Christina and living in a New York apartment on the West Side with a roommate who urges her to go out that evening.
* She’s receiving unwanted calls on her cell phone.
* She walks to work on the high line in a building called Olympiad Entertainment.
* She starts writing the setting for a story and begins by describing her previous life as the farmer’s daughter.
* She has trouble at work as her boss tells her he wants her to write more violent and scandalous content.
* We find Maeve in some remote mountain enclave, meditating on her time with her daughter, in Westworld and with Caleb after the end of last season.
* Caleb is working in LA. In conversation with his co-worker we find that we are seven years past the riots that ended season 3 and that humans have more work to do now that robots have been decommissioned.
* Caleb meets his daughter by their house. He’s been teaching her how to shoot and his wife is not pleased about it, but they lead a happy life.
* Maeve finds that she’s being tracked and finds armed men at her home. She takes them out and speaks with the leader. Turns out the leader is a host and when Maeve hacks into hi...