Violent Delights is a recap podcast where hosts Andrew Sorcini, Dwayne DeFreitas, and Tosin Onafowokan discuss HBO’s Westworld, and the larger questions this ambitious show hopes to tackle.
On this week’s podcast, Andrew, Tosin, and Dwayne deconstruct the final episode of Westworld‘s third season, “Crisis Theory”, as they ask: What astonished Bernard in the Sublime, and how long has he been gone? Have we really seen the end of the ‘real’ William & Dolores Prime? Will Char-lores wipe out humanity? And will we really need to wait until 2022 for the next season?!!
* ‘Westworld’ Renewed for Season 4 at HBO
* Fight Club (1999)
* Coco (2017) Lauren’s philosophy of preserving someone’s memory to ‘keep them alive’ mirrors this film’s theme.
* Original Star Wars Trilogy
* Hackers (1995)
Behind the Scenes of Westworld’s Finale:
You can write to us or email us a voice memo at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter: @HBOWestWorldPod or just hash-tag #ViolentDelights
And our Facebook page is : @WestworldPodcast
* We begin with Dolores recounting how she was taught to see the beauty in her world— but that she was taught a lie. The world has only a little beauty, and her path, through having played many roles, has led her to… someone that we are not shown. The camera shows us Dolores’s body, wrecked from her fight with Maeve. Her Head Control Unit has been removed. Maeve’s body lay lifeless from the EMP, nearby.
* We see Caleb getting away — riding a motorcycle on a mountain triad at high speed.
* William, the man in black was left holding a shotgun on Bernard and Stubbs. He starts firing, shooting Stubbs in the heart. Bernard uses his remote to change “modes,” turning off his personality and then subduing William in an emotionless, robot-first state.
* An SF-PD SWAT van pulls up and William runs away. The driver is Lawrence Gonzales, or El Lazo from the first season. Bernard recognises him as the fourth Dolores copy. Lawrence tells Bernard he has been playing the most important role in Dolores’s plan and hands him the case that Musashi, just before he was killed by Clementine and Hanaryo, told an errand boy to deliver. Lawrence also gives Bernard an address to contact rendezvous w/ Dolores.
* Rehoboam’s divergence infographic is displayed and it’s wildly chaotic with divergences from Vancouver all across the world to New York, St. Petersburg, and Malaysia. But it singles out the LA divergence.
* The camera moves to Caleb who gets off of his bike at the instruction of Dolores’s digital assistant and navigates to a local distillery where he finds a package containing Dolores’s original mechanical body and installs their HCU. When she awakens, she answers his questions.