In Part 2 of our deeply personal interview with Abby, she reveals for the first time:
1. Her romance with an unrequited love – someone who strung her along hopelessly for years;
2. Her anguish and rebirth after being arrested;
3. Her sense of loss when being crowned FIFA Player of the Year;
4. Her divorce after fighting for marriage equality – inside her own family and on the public stage; and
5. The night she met Glennon.
Before you start the episode, please go back and listen to Part 1 of our interview with Abby: We Can Do Hard Things Episode 188 Abby Wambach: Will I Ever Be Truly Loved?
And come back tomorrow for Abby’s *very* special Part 3 bonus episode!
ABOUT ABBY WAMBACH:
Olympian, Activist, Author, and Co-host of the We Can Do Hard Things Podcast
Abby Wambach is a two-time Olympic gold medalist, FIFA World Cup Champion, and six-time winner of the U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year award. She was the United States’ leading scorer in the 2007 and 2011 Women’s World Cup tournaments and the 2004 and 2012 Olympics. Abby is the host of ABBY’S PLACES on ESPN+, in which she showcases what makes her beloved sport of soccer a worldwide sensation. An activist for equality and inclusion, she is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller WOLFPACK as well as the adaptation of WOLFPACK for the next generation, an instant New York Times bestseller. She is a founder and part owner of Angel City FC, the first majority-female-owned soccer team in history, and is a member of the Board of Directors for the non-profit organization Together Rising. Abby lives in California with her wife and their three children.
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices
1. When is it too late to cancel on someone?
2. How do we split the bill?
3. Text messages: What NOT to do, and is there time-induced amnesty?
4. Phone calls in public: Hell no, or do what you wish?
5. Once and for all: Can we agree on how we all get off the plane?
Today, Abby – whose mom sent...
In Part 2 of this Abby conversation, Abby shared the greatest gift she’s ever received. In this Part 3, we dive into: exactly what happened that magical morning from Abby, Glennon, and Amanda’s perspective; Craig’s reaction; and why it was that singular moment that Abby finally felt fully loved...