Behavioral and developmental issues are tremendous stressors for children and families. Students who have struggled in school will likely be under additional stress in the next school year. Families want to know what they can do to prepare for the next academic year. We will explore best practices in diagnosis and treatment through a well-rounded discussion, leveraging our partnership with Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Episode guests: Randall (Randy) Ricardi, DO; Funda Bachini, MD; Veenod (Vinny) Chulani, MD and John Barton, PhD
Hosted by: Jonathan Lifshitz, PhD and Katie Brite, MD
* Arizona Legislature (https://www.azleg.gov/standing-committees).
* Arizona American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (https://www.asha.org/advocacy/state/info/AZ/) (ASHA).
* Arizona Department of Education Office of Exceptional Students (http://www.azed.gov/specialeducation/).
* Arizona Early Intervention Program (https://des.az.gov/services/disabilities/developmental-infant) (AZEIP).
* Arizona Psychological Association (https://azpa.org/index.php).
* Autism Society of Greater Phoenix (http://www.AdamsAutismResearch.com).
* Community Information and Referral (https://211arizona.org/).
* Effective Child Therapy (https://effectivechildtherapy.org/).
* Healthy Children – American Academy of Pediatrics (https://www.healthychildren.org/English/Pages/default.aspx) (AAP).
* LD Association of America (http://ldaamerica.org/advocacy/disability-rights-and-advocacy/).
* LD Online (http://www.ldonline.org/article/22720/.).
* Phoenix Children's Hospital Family Center (http://www.phoenixchildrens.org/centers-programs/emily-center-health-library).
* Special Education Law (https://www.wrightslaw.com/info/advo.disagree.heitin.htm).
* Grit (https://angeladuckworth.com/grit-book/) by Angela Ducksworth (2016).
* Mindset: The New Psychology of Success (https://mindsetonline.com/) by Carol Dweck (2006).
* Building Resilience by Kenneth Ginsburg (2015).
Head injuries are common in children and teens. They can be mild, like a bump on the head, or more serious, like a concussion. It can be hard to tell the difference between a mild head injury and one that is more severe.
Head injuries are more common in the spring and summer months, when children...
Physicians are trained to deal with medical emergencies, but COVID-19 thrust hospitals in Phoenix — and around the world — into crisis mode for nearly a year. Phoenix was a COVID hotspot, as were other cities like New York. There have been 30 million cases and more than 540,000 deaths in the US,...
February is American Heart Month, and this year the theme is, Heart Disease: It Can Happen at Any Age. Heart disease doesn’t happen just to older adults. It is happening to younger people more often, partly because the conditions that lead to heart disease are happening at younger ages. It is...