Description
欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
在微信公众号回复:课程
领取10节精品视频课程
告别哑巴英语 帮你一步步开口“说”英语
A: You don't seem to be yourself today, Peter.
彼得,你今天有点不对劲。
B: I made an exhibition of myself.
我今天出了个洋相。
A: Why?
出什么事了?
B: I had a quarrel with Mary and kicked her. She cried and told the teacher.
我和玛丽吵了起来,我踢了她一脚,她哭着把这件事告诉了老师。
A: And then you got criticized by Miss green?
于是你就挨了格林小姐的一顿训?
make an exhibition of oneself
某人自己出洋相
He made an exhibition of himself on a public occasion.
他在大庭广众下出了洋相。
She was afraid of making an exhibition of herself because of a lack of experience.
她由于缺乏经验,担心出洋相。
The actress made an exhibition of herself by showing up at the event in a revealing dress. 那位女演员穿着暴露的裙子出现在活动现场,吸引了所有人的目光。(revealing暴露的;身体过分裸露的)
have a quarrel with sb over/about
quarrel with sb over/about
因为某事和某人吵架
My sister had a quarrel with her best friend over a misunderstanding.
我姐姐因为一个误会和她的好朋友吵了起来。
They had a quarrel with their neighbor about the noise late at night.
他们因为深夜的噪音和邻居发生了争执。
I had a quarrel with my colleague about the project deadline. 我因为项目截止日期和同事吵了一架。
Don’t quarrel with me, I’m just trying to help.
别和我吵架,我只是想帮忙。
He often quarrels with his siblings over trivial matters.
他经常因为一些小事和兄弟姐妹争吵。
I quarreled with my boss about the new work schedule.
我因为新的工作日程和老板吵了起来。
get criticized by sb for sth/for doing sth
受到批评
He got criticized for being late to the meeting.
他因为开会迟到被批评了。
She gets criticized by her parents for not cleaning her room.
她因为不打扫房间被父母批评。
I got criticized for making a mistake on the report.
我因为报告中的一个错误被批评了。