I’m Glennon Doyle, author of Untamed – the book that was released at the very start of the pandemic and became a lifeline for millions. I watched in awe from my home while this simple phrase from Untamed – WE CAN DO HARD THINGS – the mantra that saved my life twenty years ago, became a worldwide rally cry. Because we experienced the hardship of the pandemic collectively, many of us finally acknowledged what was true before COVID and will be true after: That life is freaking HARD. We are all doing hard things every single day – things like loving and losing caring for children and parents;...
In this episode, in which Abby joins Glennon and Amanda, discover:
1. How Glennon and Abby realized that each of their recurring Five Fights (about money, food, etc.) are all actually about the exact same thing—and how it all goes back to their childhoods.
2. The guardrails Abby and Glennon...
In the episode discover:
1. How the constant to-do list ticker looping in Amanda's brain makes her feel like a dormant volcano.
2. The job description we've somehow accepted for motherhood—and whether self-abandonment is a job requirement.
3. The way gender expectations even creep into Glennon...
TW // abortion, bulimia, addiction
In this episode discover:
1. How Amanda protected their sisterhood from Glennon’s addiction.
2. Which of the 12 steps Glennon refused to take.
3. What it took for Amanda to finally quit the wine.
4. The answer to the Pod Squad’s question about quarantine...