Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days (Jake Knapp, John Zeratsky, Braden Kowitz)
- Sprints help you fast forward to the future and see customers react sooner
- The longer you wait, it becomes increasingly harder to change products
- Your product is never “ready” - but a sprint-mindset helps you make time-based releases (instead of feature-based).
Reinventing Jobs: A 4-Step Approach for Applying Automation to Work
- The intent of automation should not be eliminating jobs, but achieving the optimum synergy of humans and automation.
- Return on Invested Performance is a critical metric for getting the best bang for your buck when choosing...
- To get into the habit zone, your product needs to be used frequently and provide great utility
- The time or money investment users make in services greatly impacts how hooked they are
- Changing someone’s motivation is challenging - scarcity and a sense of progress make a big difference