Today’s conversation is with Anhelina Khmil, a 19-year-old beach volleyball player who is now making waves in the beach world. She has won multiple youth European and World Championship titles, Beach Pro Tour Futures event, and she is further accelerating her career by committing to Texas Christian University (TCU) in the Fall of 2022. If you didn’t know, TCU has one of the strongest US programs and is currently ranked 6th in the NCAA. In this episode, Anhelina talks about:-
- How beach...
“You don’t have to overthink it- you just gotta have fun with what you’re doing and enjoy the process!”
[Catch the LIVE replay on Instagram or Youtube to watch behind the scenes!]
Today’s episode will always hold a special place in my heart because it’s my first ever face-to-face interview, and also the fact that we recorded it on Olympic Day- and who else better to represent the value of the Olympic Games besides three-time gold medalist Misty May-Treanor?! I’m truly so lucky to be able to...
“The man who loves walking will go further than the man who loves the destination!”
Today's guest of honor is Kerri Walsh Jennings. Most of us know her as a 5-time Olympian who has won 3 golds and 1 bronze, a 3-time World Championships Gold Medalist, countless world tours and AVP events winner, and is considered to be one of the greatest of all times in beach volleyball. We usually only hear the successful and happy parts of her journey to the top, but many of us don’t know what it took for...
“Live your life today as if you would want to live it a 1000 times over!”
Today's guest is Audrius Knasas- beach volleyball player from Lithuania who is currently playing professional indoor volleyball in Austria! A literal “walking quote book”, Audrius dives deep into his personal headspace and shares many experiences that he has had in life through a philosophical lens. In this episode, Audrius talks about:-
- How he first started beach volleyball in Lithuania but is currently playing pro...
“Trust the process, trust the timing of life!”
Today's guest is Daniela Alvarez- a Spaniard who is currently a sophomore at TCU! She recently won silver in the U21 World Championships alongside her partner Sofia Gonzalez. In this episode, Daniela talks about:-
- How it felt like winning silver in the U21 World Championships
- How she made the switch from a very high level of tennis to beach volleyball
- The story of how she ended up studying at TCU
- Who she would love to play against if...
Hi everyone! In today's episode, I'm going to share some of the biggest lessons that I learned through injuring my foot last year. Injuries are tough, but they teach us a lot about ourselves. I hope that these lessons can help someone who needs it! Just know that whatever you're going through, you are not alone and we have a beautiful community that can help us all out 🤍
“Keep that feeling of truth inside you and do what you feel like you want to do!”
Today's guest is Tina Graudina- a proud Latvian superstar who just recently won “Athlete of the Year” in her country! She is the first NCAA athlete to qualify for an Olympic tournament and has had many amazing comebacks and wins under her belt. In this episode, Tina talks about:-
- How she felt when she was receiving the “Athlete of the Year” award in Latvia!
- Did you know that she did high jump before she...
For this final episode of 2021, I decided to do a short recap to share the biggest lesson I learned from making this podcast, and also my goals for 2022! Thank you so much for all your support, I wish you a very happy new year and best of luck! Can't wait for what's in store next year! 🤩
“Before you say no to something, ask yourself, “Am I gonna regret this in 10 years?”
Today's guest is Damien Schumann, a Tokyo 2021 Olympian, 2018 Commonwealth Games gold medalist and is one of the best beach volleyball players in Australia!! Damien announced his retirement after the Olympics this year. In this episode, Damien talks about:-
- How a chance with a random tourist set the path for him to become one of the best beach volleyball players Australia has ever had
- Reflecting on...
“Know what you want, set your goals and just go for it!”
Today's guest is Stefan Boermans, super tall Dutchie who is achieving quite a bit of success in his beach volleyball journey now!! In this episode, Stefan talks about:-
- How he just started his volleyball journey only at the age of 19 and beach vb at 22, but is now one of the top players in the world!
- How he deals with injuries
- What winning the Gstaad cowbell means to him!
- Why he would want to play a match against his coach...
“Do what you love, love what you do!”
Today's guest is Daria Gusarova!! In this episode, Daria talks about:-
- Why she is a self-proclaimed nerd
- How she started beach volleyball because of her brother
- How she balances being a high school student and a beach volleyball player!
- How she committed to Stanford!!
- Why she likes to eat one chocolate bar before games!
- How she calms herself down during tight situations in game
- Why she thinks responsibility is the most important...
“Learn to move on- the world is such a nice place! Live your life to the best and always stay positive. ”
Today's guest is Sarah Schulz, up and coming beach volleyball star from Germany!! In this episode, Sarah talks about:-
- How she first started beach volleyball in Germany
- Why her toughest challenge is getting into the gym and gaining muscles!
- What winning the German Championships means to her
- How she ended up partnering with Chantal Laboureur and how that has changed her...
“Believe in your dreams, believe in yourself, and get something positive out of every day!”
Today's guest is Katja Stam, beach volleyball star from the Netherlands!! In this episode, Katja talks about:-
- Her debut at the Olympics being one of the youngest teams there with Raisa
- Her instant love towards beach volleyball at the age of 12
- How her partnership with Raisa is actually one of the biggest challenges for them as a team, but how they still manage to pull it off
- Why family is...
“Just live in the moment and enjoy it because nothing lasts forever and life is short!”
Today's guest is Michala Kvapilová , beach volleyball player from the Czech Republic!! In this episode, Michala talks about:-
- How she first started beach volleyball (even though she swore she would never play volleyball when she was young! 😱)
- How her father is one of her major inspirations
- How splitting up with her partner taught her to be more open-minded
- Her thoughts on the 2 Czech teams...
“If you try too hard to solve all future problems, you may miss solving the current problems.”
Today's guest is Grant O’Gorman, beach volleyball player from Canada!! In this episode, Grant talks about:-
- How he first started beach volleyball in Canada
- How his curiosity for beach volleyball motivates him to get better every time
- The multiple challenges he has faced in his life- his parents passing at a young age, breaking up with a beach volleyball partner and of course, surviving...
“Life is love, and it’s just about getting around to it.”
Today's guest is Alexandra Jupiter, beach volleyball star from France!!! In this episode, Alexandra talks about:-
- How she disciplines herself to make sure she does the things she needs to
- How she actually started beach volleyball when she moved to the US at the age of 14, and she started it together with her mum!
- Why she finds inspiration in the queen Serena Williams- Alexandra talks about body image, self-acceptance,...
"Just believe in God, believe in your destiny- and good things will come!”
Today's guest is Cherif Younousse Samba, beach volleyball player from Qatar, and they are currently ranked number 2 in the world! In this episode, Cherif talks about:-
- Why he can’t do a bench press but he’s still one of the most lethal spikers in the world!
- Why he moved from US to Qatar
- He never played indoor volleyball before!!
- How he feels not only playing against but beating his childhood heroes (Phil...
"Laugh more, worry less and just enjoy the journey you’re in!”
Today's guest is Urte Andriukaityte, beach volleyball player from Lithuania!! In this episode, Urte talks about:-
- Why she refers to herself as a “stubborn dreamer”
- How she accidentally started beach volleyball even though she HATED summer!
- How beach volleyball itself and her family is her biggest encouragement and inspiration
- Why she believes warm up without music shouldn’t exist at all!
- How she takes a step back...
"A lot of times, to stay true to your journey, you just gotta make it happen!"
Today's guest is Kingsley Tay, beach volleyball star from Singapore!!! In this episode, Kingsley talks about:-
- His journey from volleyball into beach volleyball
- How Taylor Crabb’s “defence system” just blows his mind
- How he looks for traits in people and applies it to his own life: Take the best, throw the rest!
- His “arousal theory” approach when going into a game! (This is super cool)
- How he has to...
"You gotta make your journey your own, and always be true to yourself!"
Today's guest is Taliqua Clancy, one of the best beach volleyball players ever from Australia!!! In this episode, Taliqua talks about:-
- How she HATED beach volleyball when she first started it
- How since young she always knew she wanted to be an Olympian
- Her special “sarong taboo” (this one is really funny and cool)
- What was going through her mind during the epic finals in Cancun when the ref made the wrong...
"Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself"
Today's guest is Hendrik Mol, none other than the Beach Volley Viking from Norway!!! In this episode, Hendrik talks about:-
- How he was literally born into beach volleyball
- How having his parents as his coach is sometimes a “double-edged sword”
- The painful experience of losing his one chance to compete in the Olympics, but what that has taught him
- Why the Beach Volley Vikings is one of the best sideout teams in the world
"Just do good- because whatever good you do comes back to you"
Today's guest is Dhita Juliana, a beach volleyball star from Indonesia!! In this episode, Dhita talks about:-
- How she started as a beach volleyball player upon graduating high school
- How her coach, Agus Salim (who is also a legend) is her inspiration and he is like a father to them
- How she and her partner (Putu) as underdogs managed to beat the Japan team in the quarterfinals during the 2018 Asian Games, and went on to...
"If all the puzzle pieces fit, you go all in"
Today's guest is AJ Pareja, a beach volleyball player from the Philippines who is also a practising medical doctor!! In this episode, AJ talks about:-
- His transition from being the national indoor Philippines team captain to beach volleyball player
- How he kept “failing” to retire from volleyball
- His 3 main inspirations on this journey (*hint* includes Mark Burik from Better at Beach and Sam Pedlow from Canada 😉)
- How he manages to...
"Give more love and care for each other more"
“I think I’m someone who likes to find the unknown- across all aspects in life.”
Today's guest is Zachery Schubert, a young Australian beach volleyball star who is making waves not only in beach volleyball, but insect farming too! In this episode, Zachery talks about:-
- His life and experiences as a beach volleyball player
- How the COVID19 has hit Australian Beach Volleyball team in one of the hardest ways possible, and how they are...