Pastor Vlad shares an encouraging word to the HungryGen staff about being burned out and the importance of abiding in God.
Levels of Fruitfulness:
1. No fruit
2. Bears fruit
3. More fruit
4. Much fruit
5. Perpetual fruit (continuous; fruit that remains)
Fruitfulness is what you are capable of (potential).
If you are not fruitful, He encourages you.
If you are fruitful, He prunes you (more focus).
When you are pruned (removing, delegating, etc), you will get more fruit.
Pruning gets rid of distraction.
Difference between more and much fruit:
Verse 4 - abiding.
A lot of people are not effective because they are not motivated.
Mature people can motivate themselves.
Abiding is not prayer.
- Abiding causes flow of the sap
- Prayer is letting Him know your requests
If you don’t abide:
1. You are cast out as a branch (disconnected)
- You feel disconnected from God, not necessarily ministry, etc
2. Withered (dry up)
- In flow is non-existent/limited
3. Gathered and thrown into the fire (disappear)
4. Burned up (discouraged)
- PRACTICAL, not literal definition of “burned”
If you abide:
1. My words abide in you
2. Ask what you desire
- Leads you into prayer
3. It will be done for you
- He purifies your desires
4. Father is glorified
5. Much fruit
6. Mark of discipleship
Fruitfulness is costly - costs you self, pride, time, etc.
Don’t go without oil - live your life abiding.