What influential research outside of COVID-19 was published in AAC in 2020?
• Discuss pathways of young scientists in antimicrobial resistance
• Highlight important papers in AAC in 2020 that were not related to COVID-19
• Stimulate discussion in important topics related to antimicrobial agents
I want to welcome my co-host Dr. Maria Fernanda Mojica who is the host of the ASM Journal Club focused on Antimicrobial Agents and Resistance. Dr. Mojica is a Postdoctoral Scholar at Case Western Reserve University.
Joining us to discuss their experiences and top paper of AAC in 2020 are:
• Dr. Ayesha Khan: Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
• Dr. Alina Iovleva: Clinical Instructor and Burroughs Wellcome Fund Scholar, University of Pittsburgh and UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA
We can probably all agree that any false positive test result is bad, but I think it’s safe to say that some false positives, like a false positive HIV test for example, is much more anxiety provoking than others. And when it comes to HIV, there have been a number of key advances in the field...
Novel β-lactamase/β-lactamase inhibitors have become critical drugs to combat the most resistant Gram-negative infections. A series of new compounds with even more broad and potent activity are in the horizon to add to the therapeutic armamentarium. Today, we will discuss these drugs with experts...