Learn the meaning of English phrasal verb: Hand In. This phrasal verb means to submit something like an assignment.
Listen to the audio here:
Phrasal Verb Lesson: Hand In
Alternative: To submit something (like an assignment)
* The teacher told his students they had to hand in the assignment first thing tomorrow.
* The teacher told his students they had to submit the assignment first thing tomorrow.
* I think it’s a good idea to hand in your resume to as many people as you can if you want to get a job.
* I think it’s a good idea to submit your resume to as many people as you can if you want to get a job.
Additional examples where this phrasal verb is used:
* You have to hand in your report by Monday
* You have to submit your report by Monday
* Assignments that are not handed in on time will not be accepted.
* Assignments that are not submitted on time will not be accepted.
Do you want to practice using phrasal verbs with a native speaker?
Both Curtis and Amy have private lessons that focus on phrasal verbs and helping you to confidently use them. Use this link to join us on italki where you will a $10 credit to use toward your first lesson. Here's the link: https://www.italki.com/i/D6cB6b?hl=en_us
Next, request a lesson with Amy here: https://www.italki.com/amywhitney?ref=4637291x
Or a lesson with Curtis here: https://www.italki.com/teacher/4672521?ref=4672521x
Check Out The English Phrasal Verbs Course
Do you like this way of learning phrasal verbs? Learn more about the full course that includes 250 lessons and 25 stories to help you learn and start using phrasal verbs in your everyday conversations! Click here to learn more
Hear some other lessons from our podcast. Examples and audio to help you understand each one.
* Catch Up
* Take Down
* Burn Out
Feeling excited and motivated to learn is a key part of maintaining your energy to be consistent! In this episode, I'm going to give you a 7-day action plan to get your motivation back (even if you've completely lost it at this point...) and also to finish the week excited to continue working on...
Being consistent is one of the easiest things you can do to see faster progress with your English. Unfortunately, this 'easy' idea, is pretty challenging to make into a strong habit. In this lesson, I'll talk about a powerful idea that will help you to be more consistent and reach your goals...
Today, I have another episode from our four part podcast series to help you get super motivated and focused in 2021 to reach new levels with your English. If you haven't listened to part 1, I recommend doing that BEFORE listening to this section because this episode will make a lot more...