Simon P Lock - CEO of ORDRE & Industry Icon - "Embrace the future of wholesale, virtual showrooms, innovation & technology"
OUR MELBOURNE FASHION FESTIVAL SPEAKER SERIES
Today is a flashback episode in a series of podcasts that showcase the thought leaders who joined me for our Fashion. Business. Mindset LIVE Industry Roundtable that we hosted as part of our participation in the Melbourne Fashion Festival Independent Program: Ideas 2021. If you missed joining us LIVE, the download is available here.
In this Flashback episode from Season 1, Elizabeth speaks with Simon P Lock, Chairman and CEO of ORDRE, the founder of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia, and a former Senior Vice President of IMG Fashion & Models.
Simons is also a member of BoF Global 500, a recipient of the Australia Fashion Laureate and author of 'In The Front Row'.
Simon has held senior management positions with a number of international fashion weeks including Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, Pakistan, New York and India.
Simon is an iconic Australian Fashion Industry figure who has achieved so much throughout his career, and you're still breaking new ground!
During this dynamic conversation with Simon, he shares insights into not only his journey in the industry but his business ORDRE, founded with his wife Kirsten lock.
ORDRE is described as A NEW CHANNEL FOR THE BUSINESS OF FASHION
It's a B2B Online wholesale marketplace for designers launched in 2015.
Ordre has a Retail Network of over 2700 retailers, 6000 buyers and is in over 93 countries.
This innovative platform includes Online showrooms, 360-degree imagery, Virtual Reality and is embracing advancements in technology and expanding its global reach.
Key Takeaways & Tips:
· Change is exciting and we have to embrace tech
· Our Industry has now learned that they can do to business virtually
· Virtual creates a more sustainable fashion industry
· Don't get left behind!
· Brands will now focus on the CORE of their businesses due to the current high volume of product currently in the industry. The industry has to Reset.
· Adopt a 'Buy now wear now' model and a shift of the buying cycle
· As a result, we will see a more considered approach by major designers
· Designers will create collections that are not as expansive, are more focused, dropped at the right time in hope of a stronger sell though as product can stay in store at full price for longer
· The retail landscape maybe forever changed
· Simon encourages us all to buy a VR headset and immerse ourselves in this new virtual world
Simon's book 'In the Front Row'
You can find Simon at:
Instagram - @simonplock @ordreofficial
Website - www.ordre.com/en
Simon's BoF 500 profile
JOIN OUR PROGRAMME - ENROLMENTS OPEN JUNE 1st
If you want to make the Fashion Business your Business in 2021 - then please head over to our website and jump on our a href="https://fashionequipped.com.au/start-your-fashion-busines...
In this episode, Elizabeth speaks with Bridget Bell, the Founder of Style Ambition.
Bridget is an industry expert who has styled over 150 celebrity shoots, television shows, red carpets and events, creating thousands of looks for men and women.
She has worked with Ten, Seven, Nine and Foxtel...
In this episode, Elizabeth speaks with Erica Bartle, the Director of Research & Strategy for Outland Denim.
Outland Denim is the Australian jeans company changing the lives of young women in Cambodia through its profit-for-purpose business model.
As a founding partner in the company along...
In this episode, Elizabeth speaks with Danielle Sady, the Founder & Managing Director of Everyday Lingerie Co.
Danielle has a career of more than 20 years working for several of Australia's largest wholesale, retail, and franchisee businesses across a large variety of industries behind her....