“When women, queer, people of color, and entrepreneurs do well, the whole world becomes a better place because of justice and power.”
– Lindsay LaShell
Lindsay LaShell is a marketing activist dedicated to helping purpose-driven organizations direct their marketing toward sustainability and impact. She is the founder of Open Lines Marketing and the creator of the Open Lines Marketing Framework, a one-of-a-kind strategic framework made to advance equity, justice, and sustainability through exceptional marketing.
Lindsay joins me today to discuss B Corporations, entrepreneurship, and creating an impact. She shares her background and why she became an entrepreneur despite her initial reluctance to be one. She explains why it was important for her to become part of the B Corporation movement and describes the mindset that bolstered her to create a supportive and inclusive company geared toward growth.
Lindsay also highlights what her teaching experience taught her about the roles of respect and collaboration in entrepreneurship and underscores why empathy is a key trait of an effective leader and marketer.
This week on The Mindset Zone:
* Living in survival mode, getting through life’s toughest moments, and Lindsay’s journey to founding her own advertising agency
* Why it was important for Lindsay to become a B Corporation
* The “triple bottom line” maxim and how Ana initially found B Corporations
* Learning about privilege and racial wealth inequality
* What Lindsay’s teaching experience taught her about leadership, relationships, and collaboration
* Caring for employees’ mental well-being and how empathy can make better leaders and marketers
* Lindsay’s transition from running an ad agency to being a solopreneur
* The Open Lines Marketing Framework
* Why Lindsay calls herself a “marketing activist”
Lindsay Dayton LaShell is a Marketing Activist and the creator of the Open Lines Marketing Framework. Her work is to advance justice, equity, and sustainability through access to excellent marketing strategies for women, indigenous, queer, or POC founders, B Corps, and nonprofits. Through workshops, speaking gigs, and consulting, she’s helped thousands of organizations reevaluate and realign their marketing strategies to be more empathetic, efficient, and effective.
Connect with Lindsay LaShell:
* Open Lines Marketing
* Open Lines Marketing on LinkedIn
* Open Lines Marketing on Instagram
* Lindsay LaShell on LinkedIn
“We can certainly learn how to be more efficient, how to be high-performance, how to make a bigger positive impact, and still have the energy to enjoy the fruits of our labor—and that is really important.”
– Ana Melikian
Have you checked in with yourself to see if you’re...
“We need to up our game, think differently, and expand our horizons. Elevating our consciousness and becoming better humans, loving more, taking care of our environment—that’s what represents the best you.”
– Bernardo Moya
Bernardo joins me today to discuss his journey toward...