If you have much experience with family vlogs, chances are that today’s topic has crossed your mind. My guest, Cam, is here to share her personal experience growing up as the child of one of the first well-known “Mommy bloggers.” Cam is an international advocate for children of influencers and family vloggers. She takes a stand against child exploitation, going as far as speaking to lawmakers and appearing in documentaries. Her perspective will give us all something to think about. Join us to learn more!
● How to understand what family vlogging is
● Cam’s take on two high-profile cases involving family vlogs that have been in the headlines
● Cam’s experience as a child when her life was on display through her mom’s blog
● What happens to a child when a parent overshares about their lives
● How controversy always causes people to “click”--and more clicks mean more money!
● The effect of growing up with a lack of privacy that caused embarrassment and vulnerability in Cam
● Why consent is at the heart of this issue for kids
● Can family vlogging be done ethically?
● Why it can be devastating to feel exposed by the people who should protect you the most
● Cam’s advocacy efforts to keep children from being exploited online
Resources and Links:
Connect with KC: Website, TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook
Get KC’s book, How to Keep House While Drowning
We love the sponsors that make this show possible! You can always find all the special deals and codes for all our current sponsors on our website: www.strugglecare.com/promo-codes.
Looking at the diverse aspects of mental health from different angles is part of what this show is about. Today’s episode features Soo Jin Lee and Linda Yoon, who are clinicians, therapists, Asian Americans, and the co-authors of Where I Belong: Healing Trauma and Embracing Asian American...
My guest today is content creator, Frances, from TikTok. She most often covers topics related to Black maternal health and mental health, but today we venture into her personal experience in being a neurodivergent Black woman. Join us!
● How Frances is affected by...