In this episode, we have Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose. At the time of this interview in 1987, Rose was 25 years old and was promoting an upcoming tour of Japan. Appetite for Destruction hadn’t even cracked the top-selling 50 albums, and it would be at least another seven months before the band...
Steve grew up in San Francisco but went to Japan as a college exchange student and loved it there. He felt like it was the place for him. After graduating in 1980, he started to work as a freelance translator in Tokyo. Through one of his college buddies, he got connected to a music magazine that...
In the interview, Haynes talks about:
- Moving out of Duane Allman's shadow
- How it feels to play Duane's licks
- Whether Duane was an influence
- His connection to Memphis and Motown
- Going to see concerts when he was a kid
- The musical differences between him and Duane
- His love for...