Our first installment of Four Minutes of Truth last month was such a success that it's continuing (as I hoped!). On today's episode, you'll hear from four women on the following topics: finding the right words, living with cancer, a relationship with an unexpected friend, and what living your truth actually feels like.
Julia Becker Collins submitted her truth about living with cancer and she can be found at www.vision-advertising.com or @JuliaRivka on Instagram.
If you are enjoying these submissions, please consider submitting your own for an upcoming episode! It's easy to do.
Here's how it works:
1. You pick a topic you want to talk about. It can be how you're feeling about life these days (rants are totally acceptable), an experience you had recently or in the past, a meaningful idea or concept, or a vision you have for the future. The only requirement is that it's you, speaking your truth.
2. You will record this on your own, speaking into the voice recorder app on your phone and then you'll email it to me. If you have earbuds with a mic, that's great. If not, you can talk directly into the phone and that also works well. (If you have better recording software, feel free to use that.) Recording in a quiet room is ideal, but if you want to record while going for a walk or out in the world, that works too! Just try to have good sound quality if you can.
3. I would love it if it was you just riffing, unscripted. It's fine to have a couple general points outlined, but I'd love it if you could speak from the heart without sounding like you're reading or reciting something. If you mess up, you don't have to stop and start over. Keeping it real is a big part of what I want to showcase!
4. You can do this anonymously, or you can introduce yourself. I just ask that you start the recording with one of the following:
"My name is and this is my four minutes of truth..."
"I'm submitting anonymously and this is my four minutes of truth..."
*If you want your full name and website/a social media platform highlighted in the show notes, please note that in your email to me. Otherwise it will just show your first name.*
5. No topic is off limits and swearing is totally fine.
Also, DON'T OVERTHINK IT! You can always submit another recording later if you want to talk about something else on a future episode. It doesn't have to be your life's manifesto or anything, just something that's on your mind or that you want to share. That being said, if you want to share something sacred or big, don't hesitate to do it.
Email it to me at angela[at]speakersisterhood.com.
Looking forward to your submission. 3
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
How many times have you had something you wanted to say, but stopped yourself in fear of being wrong, looking stupid, or being the center of attention? My guest today, Hope Timberlake, is a speaker, trainer and author who focuses on the communication side of leadership. She is here to talk about...
Even great speakers could use more tips and tricks to improve their speaking skills. If you're looking for simple tweaks that will make a huge difference, look no further. I share five ways to improve your presentations without much effort at all. Try one or try them all! You'll be glad you...