Today’s deep-dive on a democratic, shaken classic sees us joined by Portland, Oregon-based bartender, beverage director, author, and editor Jim Meehan. He brings 25 years of experience and some of the most eloquent language we’ve enjoyed yet to this exploration of the Last Word. Listen on (or read below) to learn Meehan’s Last Word recipe — and don’t forget to like, review, and subscribe!
Jim Meehan’s Last Word Recipe
- 3/4 ounce gin, such as Tanqueray or Perry’s Tot Navy Strength
- 3/4 ounce Green Chartreuse
- 3/4 ounce Luxardo Marschino liqueur
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
1. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with Kold-Draft ice.
2. Shake until well chilled.
3. Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
We’re learning a new language — that of morse code — at Cocktail College today, all told through the lens of a classic, if slightly lesser-known tiki drink, the Three Dots and a Dash cocktail. Anton Kinloch, owner of New Paltz’s Fuschia Tiki Bar is taking class, enlightening us on the irrefutable...
Examining another branch of the sour cocktail family, we're joined today by friend of the show Jeffrey Morgenthaler of Portland’s Pacific Standard to talk about his self-proclaimed “Best Amaretto Sour In the World.” We will also look at the evolution of sour mix, the subtle art of beating egg...