Description
关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
参与每周一到周五早上的英语主播分享
干货多多,不容错过~~
A: Why did Tom quit the job?
为什么汤姆辞职?
B: He said his present job seemed to be a blind alley.
他说他现在的工作没有发展。
A: If he does not change his attitude towards his work, I don't think a new job can make any difference.
如果他不改变对工作的态度,就算换份工作也不会有什么不同。
Blind alley
The thief ran into a blind alley and was cornered by the police.
小偷跑进了死胡同里,被警察逼得走投无路。
The team spent weeks working on a solution that turned out to be a blind alley, and they had to start over.
这个团队花了数周时间研究一个解决方案,结果证明是个死胡同,他们不得不重新开始。
The startup invested heavily in a new technology that turned out to be a blind alley.
这家初创公司投入巨资于一项新技术,最终被证明是死胡同。
make a difference
有影响;有所作为
Small actions can make a difference.
小的行动会带来改变。
Whether I go or not doesn't make any difference to the outcome.
我去不去对结果都没有任何影响。
Does it make any difference if I study for the test in the library or at home?
我在图书馆还是在家学习对考试有影响吗?
一定不要忘了关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
我会在每周一到周五早上九点免费直播
讲解最地道的口语表达,发音技巧
让你彻底摆脱哑巴英语
学完立马能开口!!
A: I didn't expect to see you at this hour. You must have goofed off again!
我没想到在这个点看到你,你一定又偷懒了吧!
B: Goofed off? Maybe, but I'm not a clock-watcher. I finished doing what I should and then knock off an hour...
Published 04/28/24
一定不要忘了关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
我会在每周一到周五早上九点免费直播
讲解最地道的口语表达,发音技巧
让你彻底摆脱哑巴英语
学完立马能开口!!
A: I didn't expect to see you at this hour. You must have goofed off again!
我没想到在这个点看到你,你一定又偷懒了吧!
B: Goofed off? Maybe, but I'm not a clock-watcher. I finished doing what I should and then knock off an hour...
Published 04/28/24
欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
参与每周英语直播分享
提高听力 发音 口语
全程干货!!!
A: Whatever we do, we should do it aboveboard.
不管我们做什么,我们都应该正大光明。
B: You are right, we shouldn't do anything under the table.
你说得对。我们不应该偷偷摸摸地做事。
A: Well, since you agree with me, we should put the issue aboveboard instead of talking about it...
Published 04/22/24