In this episode, I talked with Brooke Miller, a mental health/OCD advocate, registered nurse, wife, and mom who opens up about her struggles with OCD, eating disorders, panic disorder, and bipolar disorder. We discussed...
- her experience with these comorbidities and how they presented and affected her
- why she thinks OCD was at the center and root of other diagnoses
- what recovery looks like for her and how she learned to sit with discomfort and uncertainty
You can learn more about Brooke and follow her on Instagram/TikTok at @brookemillermha
This podcast should not be substituted, nor is meant to act as a substitute, for legitimate mental health treatment/a legitimate mental health treatment provider. This podcast and any information in it is solely the reflection of general knowledge and cannot be taken as a personal therapeutic recommendation. To find a therapist near you to work more directly with these issues, head over to treatmyocd.com, IOCDF.org, or nami.org.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/jennaoverbaugh/support
In this episode, I talk with OCD warrior and mental health advocate, Morgan, about her experience with OCD, specifically "relationship OCD" and other themes. We also discuss..
- her history of being doubtful, even as a young girl and "always needing to know"
- the difficulties that OCD gave...
In this episode, I talk with author, advocate, and podcast host, Paris Prynkiewicz, about her experience with Bipolar Disorder. We also discuss..
- how being a patient and employee in the behavioral health system showed her what needs to change
- the birth of Live Well Bipolar and the...