Chelsie Hill—How To Stop Asking “Why Me?” And Develop True Resilience + All Your Qs About Wheelchair Life, Answered (Including What Sex Is REALLY LIKE)
My guest today is the incredible Chelsie Hill (@chelsiehill), a community leader, trailblazer, entrepreneur and founder of the Rollettes Dance Team. At the age of 17, Chelsie was involved in a drunk driving accident that caused irreversible damage to her spinal cord and left her unable to walk. We talk all about the accident in this episode, and how it’s reshaped her life in surprisingly positive ways. On this episode, we talk about:
* The story of the accident that paralyzed her from the waist down
* How her accident impacted her family, and how they dealt with their own PTSD
* How to get over the "Why me?" feeling when bad things happen to you
* Her life-changing advice for anyone struggling to forgive someone—or themselves
* Her super-sweet proposal story!
* How her friend (and Tony award winner!) Ali Stroker helped her feel beautiful and sexy again in her body
* What sex, orgasms, and childbirth are like since she's paralyzed from the waist down
* How being paralyzed impacts her gut health
* Her best time-saving tricks, since everything in her life takes longer
* How she grew her successful business and her best advice for people who want to do the same (including her top public speaking tips!)
* How she deals with externalized/internalized stigma of her disability
* How to find the positive even in the most negative situations
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the episode! Screenshot and tag me—I’m @lizmoody— and Chelsie (@chelsiehill) and share your thoughts, feelings, and reactions.
PS: My foodie preset pack is officially live. You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
PPS: Healthier Together is officially a number one best-seller! You can get your copy on Amazon or at lizmoody.com/cookbook. Please keep sending me your creations on Instagram—they make me so happy!
This episode is sponsored by Organifi, the makers of my favorite caffeine-free energy drink, Red Juice. You can go to www.organifi.com/healthiertogether and use the code “healthiertogether” for 20% off your order.
This episode is sponsored by LifeSeasons, a company that makes amazing supplements for gut health, inflammation, immunity, and many, many more, including my beloved allergy blend. Go to https://shop.lifeseasons.com?current-token=P8gRvbln and use the code “healthiertogether” for 15% off your order.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.