Thriving Through Anxiety: @Veggiekins & @FreckledFoodie Share Their Stories, Tools, and Wisdom
We’re kicking off a brand new series today which I am personally very excited about—it’s called Thriving Through Anxiety. I wanted to create a series about how the bad things in our life can actually turn into some of the most transformative, rich, beautiful parts.
In this episode, I’ve interviewed two of my favorite women on the internet about their anxiety stories. First up is Cameron Rogers, aka @freckledfoodie, sharing:
* what "high-performing anxiety" is and how it impacted her life
* how her pregnancy has impacted her anxiety (including why she's taking anti-anxiety medicine during her pregnancy)
* the clear instructions she gave her partner for dealing with her anxiety
* a VERY frank & honest discussion about how her relationship with money has impacted her anxiety
* what influencer life is like behind the scenes
* the 3 things that have helped her anxiety the most (and the things she's tried that haven't worked at all)
* how she views anxiety as one of her superpowers
Then, I chatted with Remy Park, the woman behind @veggiekins, about:
* the various ways her anxiety has manifested, from her eating disorder to OCD to substance abuse
* her genius tip for finding an effective therapist
* her coping mechanisms for getting through her recent big breakup (including how she was brave enough to make the leap in the first place)
* how she deals with the anxiety that comes from the hates crimes against AAPI community
* the daily practices that help her anxiety the most
* the Eastern medicine practices she learned living in China that help with her anxiety
* how her veganism has impacted her anxiety
My hope from these episodes is that, first and foremost, you’ll come away feeling less alone. I also hope you get some actionable tips and tricks and tools that can help you on your own journey, but also, maybe that it can help in a larger way to reframe something like anxiety as a beautiful, integral part of your experience on this planet. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
PS: Have you snagged my Foodie preset pack? You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
PPS: Healthier Together is officially a number one best-seller! You can get your copy on Amazon or at lizmoody.com/cookbook. Please keep sending me your creations on Instagram—they make me so happy!
This episode is sponsored by Nuzest, one of my favorite protein powders. It’s 98% digestible (a rarity in the protein powder space) and—get this—it actually tastes good. I recommend the Digestive Support Line—they have a Probiotic Vanilla and a Probiotic Cacao. You can use the code “HealthierTogether” for 20% off your order on Nuzest.us/healthiertogether.
This episode is sponsored by Organifi, the makers of my favorite caffeine-free energy drink, Red Juice. You can go to www.organifi.com/healthiertogether and use the code “healthiertogether” for 20% off your order.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.
I have been feeling VERY wanderlusty lately—I have an adventure itch, and there was no one better to scratch it than Renee Hahnel, otherwise known as the powerhouse Renee Roaming (@reneeroaming). The author and mega-successful social media star and blogger joined me to talk about all things...
One of the most common questions that I get during my Sunday IG Q&As is where my body confidence comes from, and to be honest, I developed it even at all somewhat recently, and it’s still very much a work in progress. Because it’s something so many of us struggle with, I decided to invite on...
I know you all love our Ask the Doctor episodes—we’ve got ones on longevity, happiness, anxiety, gut health, and more—so this is sort of in that vein, but a bit different.
I’ve invited back Dr. Aviva Romm, who was on the Ask the Doctor: Hormone Edition, to do a hormone Q&A. Aviva is my...